So, you know by now that our franchise costs £20,450 to become part of. What is vital to understand is that this is an investment and not a purchase. Every penny of the £20,450 is invested to ensure your success. We only make money when you're are successful. Therefore we are making just as much an investment in you as you are in us.
Because of this we only want to take on the right people. People with all the right credentials to become successful at this business. The franchise industry is full of what is called "cheque book and pulse" people. These are people who are taken on by franchisees because they make a quick buck from the investment fee. We don't participate in this. While this website is here to assist you in making an informed decision, you then have to impress us!
1. We have to like you. You need to have a nice personality and be able to fit in with us and our other franchisees. We're all fun people and get on famously.
2. You must have the enthusiasm for what we do and it obviously helps to like Christmas.
3. You must be able to market and sell the concept and be comfortable to talk with potential customers.
4. You must be driven to succeed, no-one will hand you a pay cheque on Friday afternoon.
5. You must be self-motivated to get up in the morning and get on with what you've been shown to make your business successful.
6. You must be polite and be able to deal with your customers professionally and efficiently.
7. You must be willing to work incredibly hard for a few months of the year. By incredibly hard we mean 12 to 15 hours a day, sometimes longer, 7 days a week for around 8 weeks. Some work will be outdoors so will also involve being exposed to all weather conditions.
8. While we can teach you everything you need to know about Christmas decorating you must have a keen eye for what looks good.
9. A certain level of computer skills is important for working with spreadsheets, the company CRM system, writing proposals and making computer generated images of how a customer's property will look after it's decorated. Of course we teach you how to use this simple software.
10. You need to have the financial ability to take on this business. Finance through our franchise partners is available to spread the cost over the term of the franchise, however you need to support yourself in the interim.
11. You need to be realistic. This is not a get rich quick scheme. It is a genuine, highly profitable and enjoyable business for those who are prepared to work hard at it and grow it over a few years. Any day dreamers who have read about franchises that deliver riches in the first couple of years need to dream on elsewhere.
12. Support from spouse, friends and family is important especially if you have children. In years 2 and 3 it can get intense, after all you are earning a lot of money in a short space of time!
14. Focus. We've made all the mistakes and done all the hard work. Listen to us and remain focused on the system that works and don't try to re-invent the wheel.
15. Co-operation. Although you will own your own business you need to work with the whole head office team and fellow franchisees for the greater good for all.
We pride ourselves on making the whole experience of decorating as pain-free as possible for our clients.
We are proud to state that this accreditation makes us one of very few UK Christmas decorating companies to achieve such a high level of customer service.
If you have any questions or would simply like to findout more information, please contact Gill O'Brien.